|The owner of a St. Louis-area mental health clinic was sentenced February 28, 2020 to 18 months in federal prison for billing for therapy for a patient who was already dead.|
Naim Muhammad, 56, of St. Charles, pleaded guilty last November to making a false claim to Medicaid. In addition to prison time, Muhammad must pay $366,185 in restitution to the Missouri Medicaid program.
Muhammad was president of Community Behavioral Health when he billed the Missouri Medicaid program for mental health therapy services to a female patient starting on June 21, 2017. But federal prosecutors said the patient actually died on June 8, 2017. Mr. Muhammad had no psychiatric training or license.
What, did he think no one would notice? The Office of Inspector General investigated this case for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit of the Missouri Attorney General’s Office, with assistance from the Division of Professional Registration of the Missouri Department of Commerce and Insurance.
Mental Health Care Fraud
A significant portion of government appropriations and insurance reimbursements has been lost due to financial fraud within the mental health industry. The United States loses approximately $100 billion to healthcare fraud each year. Up to $40 billion of this is due to fraudulent practices in the mental health industry. One study of U.S. Medicaid and Medicare insurance fraud showed psychiatry to have the worst track record of all medical disciplines.
The mental health monopoly has practically zero accountability and zero liability for its failures. As experience has shown that there are many criminal mental health practitioners, the Citizens Commission on Human Rights has developed a database at www.psychcrime.org that lists people in the mental health industry who have been convicted and jailed.
There is no place for criminal intent or deed in the field of mental health. If you are aware of such malfeasance, you may wish to report what you have seen. Contact CCHR to make a report and find out what actions can be taken.
Subscribe to the Big Muddy River Newsletter
- Child Drugging
- Coercive psychiatry
- Elderly Abuse
- Foster Children
- Human Rights
- Informed Consent
- Involuntary Commitment
- Living Will
- Mental Health
- Psychiatric Drugs
- Side Effects
- United Nations
- UN SDG
- “Sandbag the psychs” Briefing 8/16/2008 Photo Gallery
- Big Muddy River News & Press Releases Index
- Halloween 2007 Photo Gallery
- January 2010 Briefing Photo Gallery
- Making A Killing – DVD Documentary Survey
- Marketing of Madness – DVD documentary survey
- Mental Health Day 10 Oct 2008 Photo Gallery
- Mental Health Day 10/10/2007 Photo Gallery
- Psychiatry Kills Exhibit 2/23/04 Photo Gallery
- Psychiatry: An Industry of Death Touring Exhibit February 2010 Photo Gallery
- Psychiatry: An Industry of Death Touring Exhibit February 2011 Photo Gallery
- Psychiatry: An Industry of Death Touring Exhibit February 2012 Photo Gallery
- Psychiatry: An Industry of Death Touring Exhibit January 2008 Photo Gallery
- Psychiatry: An Industry of Death Touring Exhibit January 2009 Photo Gallery
- Take Back Our Community 2/4/06 Photo Gallery
Return to CCHR STL Home Page
- 60,512 hits