Happy New Year! Include CCHR Support in your New Year’s Resolutions!
On New Year’s Eve, Mallinckrodt, the pharmaceuticals business of Covidien in Hazelwood, Missouri (a city in St. Louis County), announced that it received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to manufacture and market a generic version of CONCERTAÂ® (methylphenidate hydrochloride) Extended-Release (ER) tablets.
Don’t be fooled; it will be called “Methylphenidate HCl ER Tablets” but it is still the same addictive and side-effect-laden central nervous system stimulant long marketed for the fraudulent disorder labeled ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)Â for people between 6 and 65 years of age.
Methylphenidate HCl is a stimulant drug, classified by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration as Schedule II, in the same class of highly addictive drugs as morphine, opium and cocaine. It is also known as Concerta LP, Concerta Oros, Daytrana, Equasym, Equasym XL, Metadate, Metadate CD, Metadate ER, Methylin, Methylin ER, Methylphenidate, Ritalin, Ritalin LA, and Ritalin SR.
These are some of the possible side effects:
- Chronic abusive use can lead to marked tolerance and psychological dependence with varying degrees of abnormal behavior.
- Frank psychotic episodes can occur.
- Careful supervision is required during withdrawal since severe depression or other withdrawal symptoms may occur.
- Serious adverse events, including sudden death, stroke and myocardial infarction, have been reported in patients taking usual doses.
- Use of stimulants may cause treatment-emergent psychotic or manic symptoms in patients with no prior history.
- Healthcare professionals should monitor for aggressive behavior.
- Normal use may cause long-term suppression of growth.
There are 20 million children in the United States who have been diagnosed with some kind of psychiatric disorder and drugged for it. Child drugging has been a hugely profitable market for Big Pharma, earning them $4.8 billion dollars a year.
There are no genetic tests, no brain scans, blood tests, chemical imbalance tests or X-rays that can scientifically/medically prove that any psychiatric disorder is a medical condition.
There are many non-drug alternatives.
Find out! Fight back! Take action!